The Wellness Community is a new exciting housing opportunity for first- and second-year students interested in exploring well-being and contributing to a healthy world. Beginning in Fall semester 2024, the Wellness Community will be located in the new South Campus Residence Hall overlooking Mirror Lake. Through personalized well-being resources, you will have numerous opportunities to cultivate your physical, mental, social, and emotional well-being in ways that help you Be Well, Feel Well, Do Well, and Live Well at UConn.
As a Wellness Community member, you will participate in social events, community gatherings, and guided activities, and have access to workshops, retreats, and other unique opportunities to gain insight and develop skills for enhancing your well-being. Involvement in the Wellness Community can equip you to positively impact your personal health as well as health and well-being more broadly across local and global communities.
Members of the Wellness Community will:
- Learn new skills that facilitate personal health and well-being and support your achievement of individual, social, academic, and professional goals
- Participate in engaging, motivating, and inspiring group activities
- Deepen connections with peers, staff, faculty, and the broader UConn Nation
- Foster compassion and connection with the natural environment surrounding us to boost individual well-being
- Explore the intersection between social, political, economic, and environmental systems and their impact on health and well-being
- Develop and contribute to innovative initiatives that enhance the health and well-being of individuals, communities, and the planet
The Wellness Community is a vibrant, engaged community that provides opportunities to explore different ways to strengthen your overall health and well-being, and contribute to the health and well-being of others. Join the Wellness Community to learn what works best for you and be part of a supportive, positive, and thriving living environment at UConn.
If you're interested in living in the Wellness Community:
- Go to MyHousing Storrs
- Click "Applications"
- Under Question 1, select "Special Interest Housing" and choose "The Wellness Community."
Note: If you have already submitted your housing application for 2024-25 and would like to update it to indicate your interest in participating you can go back into the system and add your interest using the steps above